At Voice Medicine Australia we have been offering online consultations for many years and found them to work extremely well and keep us all globally connected.
During this time of COVID-19 we are using virtual or online sessions for almost all voice therapy or other related speech pathology sessions, so it’s business as usual.
We will offer some limited face-to-face sessions if crucial but believe online is an ideal option for your and our safety and convenience. You can choose Skype, Zoom, Facetime or other platforms and we will talk you through set-up so we optimise the experience.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your online appointment and we can still keep your voice and wellbeing a top priority.
Speech Pathologists-Be a part of our voice and laryngology loving network! We are so excited to invite you to become a member of VMA Connect, a platform for clinical sharing, education, support, updates and tips on all things voice and laryngology-related.
- VMA Connect membership is open to Speech Pathologists worldwide. (Sorry no students at this time).
- Membership costs $70 a year ($5.83 a month).
- Membership includes:
- A welcome package for you including our favourite outcome measures that VMA Speech Pathologists commonly use and copies of some of our patient handouts.
- Our VMA Good Vibrations newsletter connecting you with the latest tips and advice including an article review, treatment approach update and opportunity to ask questions to our very own Dear Aunt Ethel Murmur
- Regular updates regarding CPD opportunities and reviews.
- Access to 3 webinars for free throughout the year on popular clinical topics.
- 2 x 15 minute 1:1 conversations or with one of our experienced voice therapists over a calendar year for those extra tricky cases or questions.
- Discounted registration to the Voice Medicine Australia workshops
- Monthly virtual casual lounge-room chats with members
We are thrilled to launch our VMA New Graduate (NG) /Internship program! This 6 to 12 month-position offers comprehensive and fully supported exposure to the full and varied caseloads of VMA and completes our team. Although already fully qualified to assess and treat communication and swallowing disorders, the NG will be expertly and incrementally guided by one of our experienced speech pathologists to ensure VMA continues to deliver a high standard of evidence-based care and optimal outcomes for our patients. We all love to share our passion for assessment and management of voice and related disorders and this opportunity to mentor and review our practices with fresh eyes extends our skills too.
Also, for those patients who are facing fiscal restraints or are unable to be seen by one of our other busy speech pathologists in a timely manner, we are confident this is an excellent alternative.
We are delighted to introduce Kate Cohn who will make it instantly apparent why she has been chosen as our inaugural recipient!